After Motorola Milestone and Motorola Milestone XT720 smartphone Motorola MILESTONE 2 is third device of Motorola Milestone series
.Motorola Milestone already gained some fan following so The Motorola Milestone 2 has not tampered with the basic winning formula. With nearly the same specs, there are still some big and small feature advances. Milestone 2 will come with a slide on QWERTY keypad
and will feature the Motoblur platform, which is based on Android 2.2 (Froyo).
The system specifications consists of a 1GHz OMAP processor, 512MB RAM, and aesthetics feel very much like Droid 2. Many of the phone features seem to have a special added quality – Gorilla Glass for the display, 720p video for the 5MP camera, Wi-Fi hotspot for the fast 3G, DLNA for the Wi-Fi connectivity, Flash for the web browser and so on.
As for multimedia features, the phone brings 720p HD recording with its 5MP sensor. Even though the prior builds used to have nearly the same sensor chip, they were unable to capture HD footage, so that is quite a big deal.
The internal memory of the Motorola Milestone 2 is 8 GB which means you can store all sorts of data without a single worry in the world. The expansion slot offers a micro SD up to 32 GB while 8 GB included.You will fancy the design of the screen of Motorola Milestone 2 because of its TFT capacitive touch screen that offers 16 million colors in a streaming flow. In addition to that, it has a 480 x 854 pixels screen that is 3.7 inches in width.
The Motorola Milestone 2 offers GPRS Class 10 along with EDGE Class 10 for better connectivity and streaming. The HSPDA technology in the Motorola Milestone 2 offers a perfect combination with its social network applications. Along with that, it offers connectivity with Wi-Fi and its Bluetooth is the version 2.1 with A2DP. Motorola Milestone 2 offers a 2.0 version of microUSB.The Motorola Milestone 2 is growing popular for its amazing camera.
A 5 MP camera with 2592 x 1944 megapixels will keep you clicking images left, right and center. The auto focus allows you to take all kinds of pictures you want with excellent quality results. The dual LED flash allows you to enhance the light of the picture. Motorola Milestone 2 also offers video recording with amazing results.
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G with HSDPA and HSUPA support
- 3.7″ 16M-color capacitive touchscreen with WVGA (480x 854 pixels) resolution
- Scratch-resistant Gorilla glass
- One of the slimmest QWERTY side sliders
- TI OMAP3630 1GHz CPU, PowerVR SGX530 graphics accelerator; 512MB of RAM
- Android OS v2.2; MOTOBLUR UI 1.5 with SNS integration
- Web browser with Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- 5 MP autofocus camera with dual-LED flash; face detection, geo-tagging
- 720p HD video recording @ 30fps
- Wi-Fi b/g/n; Wi-Fi hotspot functionality; DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS; Digital compass
- 8GB storage; microSD slot with 8GB card preinstalled
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor, in-pocket detection with auto lock
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Smart and voice dialing
- Office document editor
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
- DivX/XviD video support
- The internal 8GB of storage is for apps only
- Side sliding mechanism is not spring-assisted
- DivX and XviD playback has its issues
- Non hot-swappable microSD card slot
- No FM radio