Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 update for Windows 7 operating system
If you have problems getting the service pack from Windows Update, you can download the SP1 installation package from the here, and then install SP1 manually.
1. Click Here to reach MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 & WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 SERVICE PACK 1 DOWNLOAD page.
2. Choose either the 32-bit (x86) or the 64-bit (x64) version of SP1 depending on whether you’re running the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and then click Download.(To find out which version you’re running, click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties. Under System, next to System type, you can view the operating system.)
3. To install SP1 immediately, click Open or Run, and then follow the instructions on your screen. To install SP1 later, click Save and download the installation file to your computer. When you’re ready to install SP1, double-click the file.
4. On the Install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 page, click Next.
5. Follow the instructions on your screen. Your computer might restart during the installation.
6. After installation is complete, log on to your computer at the Windows logon prompt. You might see a notification indicating whether the update was successful.
7. If you disabled your antivirus software, enable it again.