Nokia started QWERTY business class phones in 1996 with introduction of Communicator series.Those devices are very large in size and became outdated in current scenario with technology developments.People wanted something more compact but at the same time with a full QWERTY keyboard to type their messages on and a large screen for reading emails and Internet surfing. Communicators were built for the same use but with their old design, none will interested to buy these oldie gadgets . Nokia completely redesigned the business phone with introduction of Nokia E7 to meet the demands of new generation business users .
Nokia E7 has the same large display, a large QWERTY keypad and all the features that a business user would appreciate compare to its predecessor. Nokia E7 is almost have similar features and design from the Nokia N8, except its peculiar looking keyboard.Today, we are going to review this latest business phone from Nokia. Let us check out Nokia E7 in detail here.
Nokia E7 having QWERTY keyboard contains a 4 inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with Scratch resistant Gorilla glass display, 360 x 640 pixels resolution support for 16.7 million colors. Nokia E7’s sleek brushed aluminium casing feels great in the hand.This phone also has Proximity sensor for auto turn-off and Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate.
Nokia E7 dimensions are 123.7 x 62.4 x 13.6 mm and weighted 176 gm,which looks little bulky but large display and landscape QWERTY keyboard justifies it.The colours look impressive on-screen. It has a front facing camera for video calling and 8 megapixel snapper with dual-LED flash support and 3264×2448 pixels resolution with capability of 720p video recording @ 25 fps.Geotagging and face detection are additional features.
Nokia E7 runs on the latest Symbian 3 operating system currently offered by Nokia phones.It is powered by 680 MHz ARM 11 processor and Broadcom BCM2727 GPU.It has 16 GB storage memory with 256 MB RAM and 1 GB ROM.
On the connectivity front it brings Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, microUSB v2.0, HSDPA with 10.2 Mbps, HSUPA with 2 Mbps and A-GPS support. This phone comes with Standard Li-Ion 1200 mAh (BL-4D) battery with up to 9 hours talk time for 2G and up to 5 hours talk time for 3G. Nokia E7 is available in US for $679 for unlocked version and in India at Rs. 25000 for base version.
Nokia E7 Features and Specifications
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- Penta-band 3G with 10.2 Mbps HSDPA and 2 Mbps HSUPA
- Anodized aluminum unibody
- 4″ 16M-color ClearBlack AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 640 x 360 pixel resolution
- Scratch resistant Gorilla glass display
- 8 megapixel fixed-focus camera with LED flash
- 720p video recording @ 25fps
- Symbian^3 OS
- 680 MHz ARM 11 CPU and 256 MB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- microHDMI port 720p TV-out functionality
- GPS receiver with A-GPS support and free lifetime voice-guided navigation
- Digital compass
- 16GB of on-board storage
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
- DivX and XviD video support
- Built-in accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM Radio with RDS, FM transmitter
- microUSB port with USB On-the-go
- Flash and Java support for the web browser
- Stereo Bluetooth 3.0
- Good quality audio
- Smart and voice dialing
- Office document editor preinstalled
- Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability standards
- Ovi store content is inferior to Android market and App Store
- Fixed-focus on an 8 megapixel camera is just wrong
- Camera interface is decidedly outdated
- Battery is not user-replaceable
- No microSD card slot
Nokia E7 Package Accessories
- Nokia E7 handset
- Battery BL-4D embedded
- Nokia Connectivity Cable CA-179
- CA-156 HDMI
- CA-157 USB OTG
- Nokia Stereo Headset WH 701
- Nokia Charger AC-10n
- Quick Guide