Sony Ericsson’s Xperia X10’s successor Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Arc first appeared in January 2011 at CES event and Now it is officially launched and available for pre order in UK and India.No doubt Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Arc takes Xperia flagship to a new level.The Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is the combination of speed, entertainment and style in one smart phone.
The Xperia X12 Arc comes with some exiting technologies the Mobile Bravia Engine and the Exmor R sensor.Sony Ericsson XPERIA X12 Arc have latest Google Android 2.3( Gingerbread ) OS.The Xperia Arc phone is just 8.7mm thick at the thinnest point and measures 125 x 63 x 8.7mm but it manages to squeeze in a 4.2 inch high-resolution TFT screen with LED backlighting (the Reality Display) and a 8 megapixel camera with Advanced Sensor. The Reality Display screen takes up most of that width and length. The display screen comes with 854×480 resolution and Mobile Bravia Engine containing high level clarity,This Bravia engine technology used by Sony in its HDTVs.
Although Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc is lacking in its memory with only 512 megabytes of ROM and an 8 GB MicroSD card included from the factory. This is external flash memory and can be replaced with a card up to a maximum of 32 gigabytes.
The eight megapixel snapper is a very nice addition with LED flash, auto focus, touch focus, face detection, smile detection, image stabilization and geo tagging. This is powerful enough to take HD videos in 720p format at 30 frames per second. Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc has no secondary camera for video calling.
The Wi-Fi connections are available in b/g/n modes including the DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance )feature. It means the Arc can send video or graphics signal using Wi-Fi to a nearby wi-fi enabled monitor or TV without any cable. Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Arc also includes a FM radio, Bluetooth 2.1 for wireless connectivity and a MicroUSB connector, HDMI connector and a 3.5 millimeter head phone jack with Wired connections.There is no bluetooth 3.0 or 4G services ( WiMaX and LTE ) in Xperia X12 Arc.
The Xperia X12 Arc contains Java, bar code scanners, Facebook and twitter updates, adobe flash, music player, digital compass and more. It has a massive 1500 mAh battery for up to seven hours of talk time. Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Arc available in Misty Silver and Midnight Blue colors.
This handset is available for Pre-Order in UK, priced at £30.64 (about $49) per month on 2-year contract or £424.95 SIM-free via Carphone Warehouse and in India has price tag of Rs. 28,999.
Lets see summarize Features and Specifications of this amazing phone.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X12 Arc Features and Specification
- Quad-band GSM /GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- 4.2″ 16M-color capacitive LED-backlit LCD touchscreen of FWVGA resolution (480 x 854 pixels) with Sony Mobile BRAVIA engine
- Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread
- 1 GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset
- 512 MB RAM
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geotagging
- 720p video recording @ 30fps with continuous autofocus
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS
- microSD slot up to 32GB (8GB card included)
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Voice dialing
- Adobe Flash 10.2 support
- microHDMI port
- Ultra slim (8.7mm at its thinnest point)
- Display has poor viewing angles
- No front-facing camera
- Main competitors have dual-core CPUs and better GPUs
- No smart dialing
- Display doesn’t have auto brightness control
- microSD card slot is not hot-swappable
- Camera key