As you all know, Microsoft has recently Launched its most awaited operating system Microsoft Windows 8‘s Developer Preview to build applications for Microsoft Windows 8. You can also get a sneak peak by installing this OS on your system. It is still in development stage, so it is better to try it on a virtual machine before installing it on a physical machine like Laptop or Desktop.
How to Install Windows 8 in VMWare WorkStation – Step by Step Guide
- First Download Windows 8 by clicking here.
- Then Download VMWare Workstation 8 by clicking here, either you can download 30 days trial version by registering your self or purchase the software.
- Install VMWare Workstation 8 by providing the VMWare product key you received in the email.
- Now open VMWare Workstation 8 to Start Windows 8 Developer Preview installation Process
- Now create a new VMWare Virtual Machine by clicking the link( as shown in figure below)
- Then select the option “I will install the operating system later.” VMWare cannot recognize the Windows 8 operating system yet, So option to install from the Windows 8 installer ISO image may not work.
- Now Select “Microsoft Windows” as Guest Operating System with version “Windows 7 or Windows 7 64-bit” since Windows 8 is not in the options yet.
- After configuring other options (i.e. Hard Disk space, Processors) your new virtual machine will be created with blank screen. Now configure CD/DVD option by clicking link as shown below in image
- Now provide address of your Windows 8 Developer Preview iso file.
- Then Power On your Windows 8 VMWare WorkStation Virtual machine
- After booting from Windows 8 iso, A “loading files” progress bar will appear with the Windows 8 boot up screen. Now you should configure regional preferences etc. After configuring these settings, click “Next”, then click “Install” on the screen that should pop up afterwards.
- Then select the disk in which you want to install Windows 8
- Then wait for few minutes till windows 8 installs
- After installation completion, configure Windows 8 Developer Preview options
- Now configure your Computer Name
- Then configure General Settings
- Now Configure your user Account setting
- After configuring some general settings, your installation will complete
- Then restart your virtual machine and enjoy with Windows 8
If you have any issue to install Windows 8, please ask in our comment section.