As we already told you about release of Microsoft Windows 8 Developer Preview, many geeks want their Hands on Windows 8 to check What’s new features added in Windows 8. You need a Windows 8 installation DVD to install Windows 8 on your Desktop or laptop. But if for some reason you are unable to install from a DVD or your system does not have DVD drive, you can still install Windows 8 by USB pen drive or flash drive. But for that process you have to create a Windows 8 installation USB flash drive or pen drive.
How to make a bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 8
- First of all download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool from the Microsoft Store
- Then Install this tool on your desktop or Laptop
- Now Download Windows 8 ISO image or leave this step if you already have one.
- Then open Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
- Browse your ISO file path in Source file section
- Choose USB DEVICE to make a copy on the USB flash drive ( or choose DVD disk if ypu want to make a copy on a DVD disk.)
- In our case we are creating Windows 8 installation USB drive, so select that one.
- Now Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool will format USB drive
- And start copying Windows 8 files to USB flash drive or pen drive.
- After completion of this process your Windows 8 Installation USB media will be ready for Installation
- Now change boot priority of your system and choose USB drive as first boot device in your BIOS settings.
- Then insert the Windows 8 installation USB pen drive
- Then boot from this USB flash drive or pen drive and install Windows 8 on your computer (desktop or laptop)