Many people are using Google Maps for general navigation purpose these days. Google Maps service offers various features to enhance our navigation capability in computer and Android phones. After the launch of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Google Maps got few more feature support for Android. But Google Maps does not support offline navigation, it means you can not use Google Maps for offline use in Android, although there is Pre Cache Mode, where you can save few km area with a tap but if you want a wider area or more than one area for Offline use then you are not able to download until Google release offline mode few days ago. But if you are not aware How to download Google Maps for offline use in Android Phones then follow our Step by Step Guide to download Google Maps for offline use.
- Open Maps app from your Android Phone Menu
- Search the Location, for which you want to download Google Maps
- Now Press the Option Button (Generally right side to your home button)
- And Select “Make Available Offline” option
- Then Select The Area, for which you want to download the Map (download size will depend on your area)
- Now you can view and use the downloaded maps offline by clicking My Places
- Now click on Offline Tab to view and use the downloaded maps offline
Now it is very convenient to use the Google Maps offline, which will save your data usage charges and also helps you where network is not available sometimes. Although there are many paid offline maps applications available but when free application available then why someone choose for paid apps for general use although you can purchase apps for professional use.
If you guys still have some issues in downloading offline Google Maps for android phones please share with us in our comment section.