While the previous year had been an awesome moment for the Window corporations to declare its eighth version of the windows known and called as Windows 8. No matter how much the operating system has taken up the market and is loved by the rough computer and laptop users it also has some setbacks. Just as it goes that nothing in this world is perfect, similarly, the Windows 8 also has some of its setbacks which dishearten the users operating with it. The operating system makes easier to allocate things as the tagline says “all at once”, it is really a brave outcome to bring out this kind of software innovations in today’s world. The setbacks are really disappointing as the most loved operator, the start menu is missing and its various components like the log off, shutdown and restart tiles, the most adorable tiles are missing in this version of Windows. Now we will learn How to Create Metro Tiles for Shutdown, Restart and Log off in Windows 8.
How to Create Metro Tiles for Shutdown, Restart and Log off in Windows 8
Steps to be followed to Create Metro Tiles for Shutdown, Restart and Log off in Windows 8
But there is always a solution to everything. So here we come up with the steps of how to create the tiles of shutdown, restart and log off in the Metro UI of Windows 8. Suppose we want to Create Metro Tiles for Shutdown in Windows 8 as an example.
- Firstly you need to switch on to the Desktop mode and then right click on the vacant space available.
- Choose the New option followed by Create Shortcut tab.
- A pop-up window shall open itself where you need to type inside the “Type the location of the item” bar and write in with this code mentioned alongside “shutdown/s /t 0”.
- Click on the next button for the next step to command.
- After typing down the code, provide a name for the new shortcut “shutdown” and your Shutdown tile will thus be created on your All At Once screen.
Similar processes are to be done and applicable for making of the shortcut tiles of different modes like restart, log off, sleep mode etcetera. The following codes might be of sound help in guiding you all to show up your shortcut thumbnails on the desktop screen.
- To create the Restart shortcut tile type shutdown /r /t 0; for log off shortcut type shutdown /l /f /t 0.
- For creating the sleep thumbnail write up Rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Sleep.
- To bring up the Lock shortcut type in Rundll32.exe user32.dl LockWorkStation & for creating a Hibernate shortcut, the code is Rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Hibernate.
Since the desktop from Windows 8 comprises the whole of the start button thus, to make a metro tile in this Metro UI right click on the shutdown, restart, log off etc. shortcut and choose “pin to start menu” and there you are. Your shutdown metro tile is ready to use and you seem extremely happy in the end.
You can further manage the display of the icons as per you taste and preferences and you are there, fulfilling your dream to make use of the tiles you once used and were for so long being isolated from. Hope the above information is useful to our dear readers. Hope you like our article How to Create Metro Tiles for Shutdown, Restart and Log off in Windows 8, Please share your feedback in comments.