After months of speculations and rumors spreading around the Web, finally Apple fan’s wait is over after the launch of the new Apple iPhone 5, and now they can enjoy the feeling of the new iPhone 5 which is going to available in the market from 21 September 2012, and pre-orders are already started. Now we will take a closer look at Apple iPhone 5 Features and Specifications here.
The new iPhone is Taller, thinner compared to Apple iPhone 4S and comes with a metal back. The iPhone 5 measures 124 x 59 x 7.6mm in size, As we said, it is 18 percent thinner (0.30 inch vs. 0.37 inch thick), 20 percent lighter for a total of 3.95 ounces compared to its predecessor. According to Apple, it’s the thinnest handset in the market, although that can change any time considering many high end smartphones launching in the market day by day.
Apple iPhone 5 features 4 inches Retina Display (which is 3.5 inch in previous iPhone). The resolution density is still 326 pixels per inch, but the total pixel count is now 1,136×640 with 16:9 aspect ratio to match up with the new 4 inches display. It means now you can add fifth row of icons on the home screen and can reduce the number of home screens.As per Apple’s sources the wide-screen will have 44 percent more color saturation than we have seen on the Apple iPhone 4S. The screen comes with in built touch sensors, resulting 30 percent thinner display. One more thing, you will notice in new iPhone 5, that it comes with metal back compared to the glass back in the previous iPhone version.
The new Apple iPhone 5 screen is big and bright to increase your viewing experience. Finally you will get 4G LTE network support in addition to GPRS, EDGE, EV-DO, and HSPA data networks support in the iPhone 5 this time.It will support dual-band 3.5G HDPA+ on carriers without LTE.
Apple iPhone 5 specifications are powered by 2 times faster dual-core 1.05GHz A6 processor with 1GB of RAM. As per Apple’s official figures, Web pages will load 2.1 times faster and Music application with songs will open 1.9 times faster than in Apple iPhone 4S’s A5 processor. Apple iPhone 5 Price will be $199, $299 and $399 for 16, 32 or 64GB models on contract. If you still miss memory expansion slot then Apple also has iCloud storage for you.
Apple iPhone 5 features 8 megapixel iSight camera with 3,264×2,448 pixels image resolution, face detection in clips up to 10 people, improved image stabilization, backside illumination, a hybrid IR filter, a five-element lens with f2.4 aperture and dynamic light mode. Your photography apps will launch up to 2.1 times faster, thanks to the new A6 chip. The new image signal processor helps in spatial noise reduction and brings a smart filter to produce better low-light images and it also helps to capture faster images. One more most awaited camera feature is built-in panorama mode that stitches shots together for one large 28-megapixel photo. Front facing camera is able to shoot 720p HD video. The primary 8 MP camera captures1080p full HD videos. You can also able to take photos while you’re recording video as seen in Samsung Galaxy S3.
The iPhone 5 has 3 microphones one on the bottom, second on the handset’s front face, and third on its back side. iPhone 5 only support Nano-SIM. iPhone 5 comes with Lightening connector instead of 10 year old 30-pin Dock connector. It will run on Apple’s latest iOS 6 operating system with many new features.
Apple iPhone 5 specifications also includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Plus Cellular, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, USB v2.0, Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensors and A-GPS support,You will get 8 hours of 3G talk time, 8 hours of 3G Web browsing, 8 hours of 4G LTE Web browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi web browsing, 10 hours of video playback, 40 hours of music playback, and 225 hours of standby time.
Apple iPhone 5 Features and Specifications
- GSM model A1428*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- Apple A6 Processors
- 1 GB RAM
- 16, 32 or 64GB Memory Options
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Retina display
- 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136×640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Face detection in video or still images
- LED flash
- Improved video stabilization
- Photo and video geotagging
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 225 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours