Adobe Photoshop is very important tool for graphic designers, many times we have discussed about different aspects and features of Adobe Photoshop, Recently we have discussed How to Create Custom Patterns in Photoshop CS6. Similar to Patterns, Layer Styles are also very useful for designers. So in this tutorial, we will tell you How to Create Custom Styles in Photoshop CS6. You can use this method in any Photoshop version, But for an example we are going to create layers in Adobe Photoshop CS6 for this tutorial. Here we will tell you to create custom text layer style in Photoshop.
How to Create Custom Styles in Photoshop CS6
To create Custom Styles in Photoshop, Open New image in Photoshop, and select dimensions as per your requirement. You can use any image for this example. Because here we are going to create transparent text layer style in Photoshop, so open any image as a background to view transparent effect clearly. Then type your text, for which you want to create Custom Styles in Photoshop CS6, Here we will type TECHSTIC for example. Now add text effect from Blending Options.
- After opening Blending Option, Select Blending Option Custom
- Then choose Soft Light from Blending Mode
- Now select Bevel & Emboss
- Then Select Contour, if you want to add Contour in your text effect
- Now Under Bevel & Emboss setting, Choose Emboss in Style
- Then choose Chisel Hard under Technique
- You can choose depth according to your choice
- Then Click on OK
- Now you have created transparent style, then Open Style pane by Window >> Style
- In Style pane, click on small triangle located in top right corner of Style pane, and click on New Style
- Choose your desired Name here, and your Style is appeared in style pane, You can use it with any text in future.
How to Delete Style in Photoshop CS6
If you want to delete Style in Photoshop, then just follow below mentioned steps