Adobe Photoshop has many features for graphic editors, We can add and create many kind of text and graphic effects, we are here to guide you about How to Create Spiral Text Effect in Adobe Photoshop. So follow our step by step method for Spiral Text Effect similar to below effect.or watch below video.
How to create Spiral Text Effect in Adobe Photoshop
- First of all create a new file with 500 x 500 pixel dimensions and white background
- Now Save this file as Spiral
- Now create a new layer by click on Layer >> New tab or by pressing shortcut key combination Shift+Ctrl+N
- Then Use the rectangular marquee tool () to create a selection half of the total canvas
- Now fill the selection with black color as shown in the image below
- Now apply Twirl Filter to this black layer by clicking on Filter » Distort » Twirl as shown below
- Then enter 999 in the Angle value
- Now Again apply Twirl Filter to this layer or press CTRL+F and enter 999 in the Angle value
- Now hold the Ctrl key and click on layer and you will get image with selection as shown below
- Then open the “Paths” pallette, it should be on the same panel with your layers , if still unable to find then go to Windows » Paths
- Now click on the “Make work path from selection” Button as shown in above figure. It creates a new path layer
- Now again come in Layer palette and select Type Tool (), then select right align in paragraph palette (), select color of your choice, here I choose Red Color.
- Now move the text cursor to the center of the spiral now it looks like .
- Now click to type the text you want to add in spiral. and your text will follow the path of the spiral outward. You can hide the paths to see your text better by pressing CTRL+H, now it will look something like below image