We have published articles on Microsoft’s Windows 8, many of us have already downloaded and install Windows 8 on our Laptop and Desktop. If you have used Windows 8, you will feel many changes in user interface of Windows 8, i.e. Metro UI Start Menu, IE 10 with dual user interface etc. If you have closely look at the start then one thing definitely strike in your mind that How to Log Off, Restart or Shut Down Windows 8 Computer? because there is no traditional Log Off or Shut Down button in Windows 8 start menu, may be because Windows 8 is also made for tablets and smartphones, and users of smartphones and tablets rarely turn off them, so shutdown or log off button is not useful for them, but as a normal Laptop or Desktop user you need to Log Off, Restart or Shut Down Windows 8 Computer.
How to Log Off, Restart or Shut Down Windows 8 Computer?
Method A : By Alt+F4 Key combination (For Desktop Mode)
- If you are using Desktop Mode in Windows 8 then Press Alt+F4 key combination
- A pop appear with options to Switch user, Log Off, Restart or Shut Down computer
- Just choose the options you want
Method B : By Ctrl+Alt+Del Key
- Just press Ctrl+Alt+Del Key combination, which people used to in old Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Then you will get below screen.
- You will get choices to Shut Down, restart or Lock your Windows 8 PC.
Method C : By Metro Style Start Screen
- Just press Windows icon on your keyboard or move your mouse to left bottom corner of the screen.
- Then a menu will appear, click on settings
- You will get few options in a side bar, appeared in right side of the screen.
- Then Click on power button and you will get the option to Restart or Shut Down Computer.