Microsoft’s recently launched Operating System Windows 8 bring many refreshing changes and updates with it. Microfoft Internet Explorer 10 is one such software, which bring many new features, improved HTML 5 support and performance improvement. You may have used it. IE 10 comes in dual version for Windows 8, one is desktop version and other one is Metro Version for latest Start User Interface, Metro UI is now renamed as Modern UI.
Anyways coming to the point, If you are using Windows 8 with New Start Screen, You will see Internet Explorer’s Metro Version icon comes as default, and in Desktop mode Desktop Version icon Comes as default.
Now Many people reported some issues with Internet Explorer as mentioned below
- Internet Explorer tile disappears from Windows 8 Start Screen
- Internet Explorer tile lost from Windows 8 Start Screen
- When trying to launch Metro Internet Explorer by clicking on Start Screen IE 10 Tile, either Desktop version of IE 10 launched instead of Modern or Metro Version’s Internet Explorer
- When trying to open Metro Internet Explorer, IE 10 doesn’t open and you will get no response.
- Metro Internet Explorer Tile missed from Start Screen
This Kind of issues may appeared, if you have installed multiple browser in Windows 8 such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera or May be due to screen resolution, because Metro Internet Explorer version has minimum requirement, that your screen resolution should be atleast 1024×768, So please check and set your screen resolution accordingly if IE doesn’t open when you click on its tile in Start Screen. If still your issue has been unresolved then you should follow below mentioned steps to Restore or get, the Removed or Lost Internet Explorer Tile in Modern UI or Start Screen in Windows 8,
How to Restore Lost Metro Internet Explorer Tile in Modern UI or Start Screen in Windows 8
- First tap or click to bottom-right corner of the screen
- Method-1: Open Internet Option by going to Control Panel from Computer Tab in Windows Desktop(Open Desktop by clicking on Desktop tile or pressing WIN key if your are on Start Screen).
Method-2: Open Internet Option by tap or move cursor in bottom right corner of screen, and click or tap on search button, appeared right side on the screen, now type in search box, control panel and Open Internet Option from there.
Method-3: Open Internet Explorer, then go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Now Go to “Programs” tab and click on “Make internet explorer the default browser” button.
- Now select Internet Explorer from right side bar, and click on Set this program as Default options and click on OK.
- Or you can choose alternate method by tap or move cursor in bottom right corner of screen, and click or tap on search button, appeared right side on the screen, now type in search box, Default Programs and click on Set program access and computer defaults. And choose Internet Explorer as Default Program, and its tile will appeared back at Start Screen.
If you still have any issue, then please comment below.