There may be multiple causes, where you have to Import Export Chrome Bookmarks, i.e. you have two computers and you have to transfer chrome bookmarks among them. Or you have multiple browsers i.e. chrome and firefox, and you have to import bookmarks from chrome to firefox.
One more case as mentioned in the title, as I have two Gmail account one for Personal use, and another one for professional use, and you have to transfer your bookmarks from One Gmail to Another Gmail account.
- How to Export Bookmarks from Chrome
- How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Other Browsers
- Import Export Chrome bookmarks – Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
- How do I export bookmarks from Chrome to another computer?
- How can I transfer my Chrome bookmarks from one computer to another? or how do i transfer my chrome bookmarks to another computer? or how do i export bookmarks from chrome to another computer?
- How can I backup my Chrome bookmarks? or How do I export bookmarks from Chrome?
- Where are the Chrome bookmarks stored? or Where do I find my Google Chrome bookmarks folder? or Where are Google Bookmarks stored Windows 10?
- Are Chrome bookmarks saved to Google account?
- How do I export bookmarks from Chrome Android?
- Can I access my Google bookmarks from any computer?
- How do I export my Chrome bookmarks and passwords?
How to Export Bookmarks from Chrome
So below methods will guide you to Back Up and Restore Your Chrome Bookmarks in your computer or copy Bookmarks from other browsers to chrome or one Gmail account in chrome to other Gmail account.
How to Export Bookmarks from Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser, then click on the 3-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on Bookmarks option
- Now click on Bookmarks manager.
- You can also open Bookmark Manager without Step 1 & 2, Just Open URL chrome://bookmarks/ in your Chrome Browser Address bar or Press CTRL+SHIFT+O Key combination.
- Here click on the 3-dot menu on the top-right corner.
- Click on the Export bookmarks option. Now you can Export chrome Bookmarks to HTML file, Just save the consolidated Bookmark file on your computer.
How to Sync Other Browsers Bookmarks to Chrome
This method can be useful when you have multiple browsers on your computer and want to sync or copy Bookmarks to chrome or Import Other user’s chrome browser.
- Click on the Google Chrome browser’s 3-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Click on Bookmarks option
- Now click on Import bookmarks and settings.
- You can try an alternative method to open Import bookmarks and settings without using Step 1 & 2, Just Open URL chrome://settings/importData in your Chrome Browser.
- Here you can select your preferred Browser to Import Bookmarks to chrome browser by selecting Browser name from Drop-Down Menu.
- After selecting your desired option, Click on Import, and all your Bookmarks or favorite imported in Chrome or synced with Google Chrome Browser. So this method can help you to import bookmarks from edge to chrome, or firefox to chrome, or any Internet Explorer to Chrome.
Export Chrome Bookmarks from One Gmail to Another Gmail Account
This guide can be useful if you are transferring your chrome Bookmarks to Other Computer’s chrome browser. Or you want to Export Chrome Bookmarks from One Gmail to Another Gmail Account.
- First, you have to Export Chrome Bookmarks by following How to Export Bookmarks from Chrome guide from your first Gmail account.
- Now open Google chrome browser with your other Gmail Account
- Then follow Step 1 to 3 in above How to Sync Other Browsers Bookmarks to Chrome guide
- Then select Bookmarks HTML File from Drop-Down Menu.
- After your selection, click on Choose File
- Give the path to your Bookmarks HTML File which you exported in Step 1.
- All your Bookmarks or favorite will be imported Chrome with currently logged in Gmail account.
How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Other Browsers
There are many browsers available in the market. Some of them are giving tough competition to the Google Chrome browser. So if you want to migrate your chrome Bookmarks to some other browser, then please follow the below guide to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Other Browsers.
How to import bookmarks from chrome to Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Click on a 3-Horizontal bar menu on the top-right corner, then go to Library >>> Bookmarks >>> Show All Bookmarks
- Alternatively, you can directly press CTRL+SHIFT+B key combination to open Bookmark Manager.
- Here, Open Import and Backup Option on the top mid-side
- Now Click on Import Bookmarks from HTML.
- Then select Chrome Bookmarks HTML file
- Click on Open Button. Now you can view all of your Chrome bookmarks in Firefox toolbar.
How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Edge Browser
Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer both have Favorite Option instead of Bookmarks, which Means terminology is different for the same thing. So you can also translate the above heading title as import Favorites from Chrome to Edge Browser.
- Open Microsoft Edge Browser
- Click on a 3-Dot Horizontal menu on the top-right corner. Then click on favorites.
- Alternatively, you can directly press CTRL+I key combination to open Favorites in Microsoft Edge Browser.
- Now Click on Import from another Browser.
- Then click on Import from file, Here select the Chrome bookmarks HTML file, and click on the Open. Your bookmarks will be imported from Chrome to the Edge browser.
- Alternatively, you can Select Chrome after Step 3 and Then Click on Import, In that case also Chrome Bookmarks will be imported in Microsoft Edge Browser.
As we already told you that there are many browsers available in the market, and we have discussed only 2-3 browsers here. So if you want to know the process for Import Export Chrome bookmarks to some Other Browser, Then Please ask in comments. We will update the post.
Import Export Chrome bookmarks – Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
How do I export bookmarks from Chrome to another computer?
- Open URL chrome://bookmarks/ in your Chrome Browser.
- Then click on the 3-vertical dot menu on the Upper-right corner.
- Now export chrome bookmarks to HTML file on your computer.
- After that Copy this file to your other computer
- Now open chrome browser in your other computer
- Click on the 3-vertical dot menu in the upper right-hand corner of your browser.
- Open URL chrome://settings/importData in your Google Browser
- Select Bookmarks HTML File from the Drop-Down list.
- After That, click on Choose File
- Select your Bookmarks HTML File which you copied in Step 4.
- All your Bookmarks or favorite will be imported in another computer’s Google Chrome Browser. So With this method, you can Move Chrome Bookmarks to a New Computer
You can follow Step 1 to 11 in the above method to transfer Chrome bookmarks from one computer to another
How can I backup my Chrome bookmarks? or How do I export bookmarks from Chrome?
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+O Key combination in your Google Chrome Browser.
- Then click on the 3-dot menu on the Upper-right corner.
- Now export chrome bookmarks to Bookmarks HTML file, and save on your computer. With this method, you can backup your chrome bookmarks.
- Search File Explorer Options in Windows Search, which is normally just right to start button. and Open it
- Click on View Tab
- Click on Show Hidden files, folders, and drive, and click on OK button
- Now Open your Windows Drive on the computer (Generally C: Drive)
- Open Users folder, and click on your username folder
- Then go to path AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default, Here you Chrome Bookmarks stored
Are Chrome bookmarks saved to Google account?
In normal case, if you have signed in your Google account in Google chrome, and sync is turned on. Then all your bookmarks and other data is synced in all your devices where you have logged in with your same Gmail account. So the answer is yes.
How do I export bookmarks from Chrome Android?
Currently, there is no available method to export Bookmarks from Chrome Android browser. But you can log in with your Gmail id in the Chrome android browser. And then log in with the same Gmail id in the desktop browser. So that all chrome android bookmarks will be synced with Chrome desktop browser. Now you can export bookmarks from Chrome desktop browser as per method shared in this article.
Can I access my Google bookmarks from any computer?
If you have logged in with the same Gmail ID in your Google chrome browser, Then your bookmarks will be synced in all computers. And you can access your Google bookmarks from any computer, where you have logged in your chrome browser.
How do I export my Chrome bookmarks and passwords?
I hope you liked this article, as we tried to solve all your queries regarding Import Export Chrome Bookmarks. If you still have any questions regarding Export Bookmarks from Chrome, please ask in the Comment section.