Recently I have received a new laptop from my company. As there are few restrictions applied with the new policy, So I can’t keep my personal data on the official laptop. That’s why I purchased a new Laptop also. So I have to migrate my personal data to a personal laptop. Along with data, I have to Import Export Chrome Passwords from my professional Laptop to personal Laptop.
The easiest method to sync chrome passwords is to just login chrome browser with the same Gmail ID in Both laptops, where sync should be turn on. And all of your Bookmarks, History and Chrome password will be sync on both computers. But in my case, I am unable to do this exercise due to professional policy restrictions.
So I am sharing the process to Import Export Chrome Passwords. Please follow the below instructions to export your saved passwords from Google Chrome.
How to Export Chrome Passwords
- Open Google Chrome browser
- Now click on the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner.
- Then Click on Setting option
- Now click on passwords
- Alternatively, to avoid Step 1 to 4, you can also open the URL chrome://settings/passwords from your address bar.
- Then click on 3-dot menu, and then click on Export Passwords
- Again Click on “Export Passwords”
- Then select the path to save your Chrome passwords file in CSV format
- So this is how you can export passwords from chrome. Now you can use this CSV, as you want for your chrome passwords.
How to Import Chrome Passwords
- Open Google Chrome browser to import chrome passwords
- Then open the URL chrome://flags from your address bar.
- Then scroll down and search for Password Import Option
- Enable this Password Import option
- Then open the URL chrome://settings/passwords
- Click on the 3-dot menu
- Then click on Import option, Now select the path to Chrome passwords Import file
- Then click on the open button, this is how you can import passwords from chrome.
Chrome Passwords – Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
How do I export my Chrome bookmarks and passwords?
How do I transfer Chrome passwords to another computer? or How do I transfer my saved passwords from one Google account to another? or How do I import passwords from chrome to chrome?
- Follow this article from the beginning, or Click Here to read, and follow the process in the first computer or first Google account.
- Then copy exported google chrome password file in another computer, skip this step if you want to transfer chrome password to another google account
- Then import chrome password by following How to Import Chrome Passwords in other computer or other google accounts.
How do I import passwords from CSV to Chrome? or How to import passwords into chrome from CSV file?
You can import passwords from CSV to chrome by following How to Import Chrome Passwords process in the above article.
Where are Chrome passwords stored? or Can I see my saved passwords in Chrome?
You can find and view chrome passwords by opening the URL chrome://settings/passwords from your address bar.
How do I export my saved passwords from chrome?
Just follow How to Export Chrome Passwords
We have tried to cover almost everything regarding Chrome Passwords. If still, you have any queries, then please write in the comment section.