Have you ever wondered what Photoshop actions is all about? If you don’t have any concept about what Photoshop Action is about, simply read the tutorial for using Photoshop Action. Proceed with the mentioned steps given below for installing and using it conveniently.
How to Use Photoshop Actions
- If you don’t have the setup file of Photoshop Actions, then search for it on Google and download the installation file from the desired link to your hard drive. It is mostly available as a compressed zip file.
- Extract it and you will find the “.atn” extension file format.
- Check out on the “Photoshop Actions” column from the right side of the bar of your website, where you will find all the list of free version Photoshop Actions.
- Find the “.atn” file and then, copy it into Actions’ directory. Destination for PC users will be: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop\presets\Photoshop Actions.
Destination for Mac Users will be: Within your Application > Photoshop > Presets > Actions.
- If your Photoshop application was previously opened, then you will need to close it and run it again for getting the actions on your window. Move your mouse on the window tab and click the “Window” menu from the top and check the “Actions” option to open it on a new window.
- A new window will appear just like the one below which should pop up and display the list of Actions accordingly.
- Now, as you are done with the installation process and everything else, you are now ready for using the actions. Before you start, the very first and important thing is to regulate a particular type of action.
- Find the little triangular arrow button from the Action window and click it for expanding it and choosing a desired Action.
- Without doing anything, follow the step first and simply run it. You will find a document window opened at the right side with having some basic templates in it. Go to the next step after customising the templates and adding images or text.
- On the next step you will find some labelled lines of ‘Render’. This will help you to create book covers or DVDs cover effortlessly.
Actions with multiple effects and variations
There are multiple variations available on Photoshop Actions files and also an ancillary Action which as much viable as the main action. Try to apply those one at a time if you want to do an experiment over it. All in all, the entire technique of Photoshop actions is extremely viable and lucrative.
To sum up everything, keeping experimenting with Photoshop actions and try different variations and effects in order to improve and shape up your qualities as a photo editor.