Spread the love
3G technology and Mobile Number Portability ( MNP ) are currently the hottest topics in Indian Telecom Industry.BSNL,TATA INDICOM and MTNL already launched 3G services and Airtel,Vodafone,Reliance and others are soon going to launched 3G services.Mobile Number Portability ( MNP ) service also launched in india few days ago.
So if you are thinking about any of below questions in your mind:
- How to Switch to Idea Cellular under Mobile Number Portability ?
- How to Switch to Airtel under Mobile Number Portability ?
- How to Switch to BSNL under Mobile Number Portability ?
- How to Switch to Vodafone under Mobile Number Portability ?
- How to Switch to Tata Indicom under Mobile Number Portability ?
- How to Switch to Tata Docomo under Mobile Number Portability ?
- How to Switch to Videocon under Mobile Number Portability ?
- How to Switch to any other mobile operator under Mobile Number Portability ?
MNP (Mobile Number Portability) is only answers to above questions.MNP service gives you choice to change your mobile operator without changing your current mobile number with good quality and reasonable charges.So now there is no tention to inform your friends and relatives when you change your operator.TRAI has instructed Mobile Operators that maximum charges for MNP service should be Rs. 19.Although BSNL and Tata already have waived off these charges in their offers.MNP has first started in HARYANA telecom circle few days ago and soon going to started in other telecom circles.You can change your mobile operator within circle.TRAI has not implemented this service for outside the circle mobile number migration.
How to migrate your existing number to other telecom operators:
- First you need to send SMS to 1900 to generate UPC (Unique Porting Code).UPC is an alphanumeric code allocated by a mobile operator to its subscriber for the purpose of facilitation of porting of his/her mobile number to another operator. For this you need to sms, PORT
to 1900. Eg. SMS PORT 91320 12345 to 1900. You will receive generated UPC (Unique Porting Code) as a return SMS from 1901 giving 8 digit alpha-numeric Unique Porting Code (UPC) and UPC expiry date in MM/DD/YYYY format. Then you need to visit your new mobile operator’s shop or store and fill Mobile Number Porting (MNP) form providing details like Current Mobile Number, Current Operator name along with UPC code which you have received in the form of sms. Now buy the MNP SIM card fromyour new mobile operator’s shop or store by paying MNP charges and new SIM charges. After paying the MNP charges,your new mobile operator will send an SMS on your old/existing operator’s SIM (existing connection) intimating about the porting date and time, i.e. the date and approximate time till when you can continue to use your existing operator’s SIM card. There will be a approximate 2-hour ‘no service period’ which will begin after the porting time as given above. After receiving the sms just put in the new sim and enjoy thenew mobile operator’s services.