- English (32 bit | 64 bit)
- Japanese (32 bit | 64 bit)
- Espanol (32 bit | 64 bit)
The Microsoft Office 2013 (Office 15) interface comes with metro look from Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. It is supported by Touch Interface as well as Keyboard and Mouse Interface. We already told you about the New features of Microsoft Excel 2013 in our last article now we will tell you the new features of Microsoft Word 2013.
What’s New in Microsoft Word 2013?
As we Already told you, Microsoft Word 2013 design is inspired from Metro UI. The new Word 2013 uses Blue Theme (colored borrowed from Metro Theme color) compare to the Microsoft Word 2010. When you open Word 2013, you Will be welcomed by Readymade templates (i.e. Annual Report, Family Photo Calander, Thank You Card, Birthday Invitation Postcard, Invoice, Student Report, Business Letter and Many more).
Microsoft Word 2013 New Features
- The all new reading mode will allow your text to reflow automatically in columns for smooth reading.
- Similarly to Excel 2013, Now You will be able to save and share your data on Microsoft SkyDrive, the Cloud service offered by Microsoft.
- The new Account tab contains the user information as well as connected services organized into 3 sections; the navigation sidebar, account information and product information. And it also has various sharing Options as mentioned below:
- Images & Video (Flickr, YouTube)
- Storage (SharePoint, SkyDrive)
- You can also change Background Themes in Word 2013 by visiting File>>Account>>Office Background (But You should signup before changing themes otherwise you will not find any options)
- You can also connect your Office Account with Other Online service like LinkedIn. If you do not have any LinkedIn Account, then You can signup from the Word 2013 screen directly and after approval, It will be connected to Your Word 2013 Account.
- In Word 2013, with help of a simple click, you can access all relevant functionality with the layout options located on the right, while re-sizing buttons on and around the object. You can expand Options by clicking See more.
- You have to just Double click on the picture to zoom for a better view.
- Now you can drag your image wherever you want with the text adapting in real-time.
- With the help of Office Apps, you can add creative and useful applications to Microsoft Word 2013.
- Similar to Excel 2013, Microsoft Word 2013 allows you to search images without opening any search engine. The source of these images are royalty-free photo library, Bing Image Search, SkyDrive and Flickr accounts can be used to search, preview and insert relevant images into your workspace.
- With the help of Word 2013, You have the option to add online videos from social media sites like Youtube, search engines like Bing Video search or videos from any other website (using embed code). You just have to type a keyword in the relevant search bar to view results and can insert any Video of your choice from search results.
- The New Word 2013 brings the functionality to read and edit the PDF documents without need of any additional software, which is a great addition to the suite.
- Now you can Blog directly from your Microsoft Word 2013 with the added features to insert dynamic content such as Pictures, Video etc. It will support WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, and few more blogging platforms. We will discuss about it in our upcoming articles that How to Publish Blog from Microsoft Word 2013 to WordPress, TypePad etc.
- Microsoft Word 2013 automatically remember the position where you last read that section of any document and resumes the document from that position, when you reopen it for further reading.
- The commenting system allows you to track the whole conversation in the documents itself with neat looks.
- Proper and enhanced permission secures your Word Documents from unauthorized activity
Some More Screenshot of Microsoft Word 2013
Microsoft Word 2013, the new version has improved so much new features like PDF Reading and Editing, Reading Mode, Online Video addition and Blogging Features. Tell us your views about the new Word 2013 Features in our comment section.