It has been very Long time since we have reviewed any phones, this time we will talk about new Nokia Flagship device, the Nokia Lumia 920 which has been announced few days ago by Nokia along with its younger brother Nokia Lumia 820. Both these phones are the first members of the new Windows Phone 8 phone family. Lumia 920 is packed by many new features which are not part of the old Nokia Lumia family. The phone is very powerful in specs, Lets take a close look at Nokia Lumia 920 Features and Specifications.
The phone measures 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm, 99 cc in size and has 185 gm of weight, weight is the negative point considering that Samsung Galaxy S3 or Apple iPhone 4S is much lighter in the weight. Lumia 920 is powered by 4.5 inch capacitive touch screen, although this is not the biggest screen phone in the market but is still the biggest screen Nokia phone. The touch screen is so sensitive that you can operate with hand gloves, your nails or keys can be used as a mini stylus. Nokia is used the latest “PureMotion HD+” technology in the display, According to Nokia sources, It is the best smartphone display innovation with “better than HD resolution” and fast refresh rates which Nokia has ever made.
It is the brightest smartphone HD display and the fastest LCD display ever shipped on a smartphone as per Nokia. PureMotion HD+ display’s color tone and brightness automatically responds to sunlight. The display has IPS LCD TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and WXGA display better than 720p display contains 1280×768 pixels with ~332 ppi pixel density which is better than Many smartphones these days ( Samsung Galaxy S3 or Apple iPhone 4S). It also has curved glass in display for better viewing angle similar to Lumia 800. Although its not AMOLED display but viewing angles and colors in display are great and treat to watch. The screen also made by Gorilla glass technology and Synaptics touch tech.
The phone built by polycarbonate unibody and borrow its design from Lumia 800 instead of Lunia 900. The LED Flash and Camera are placed similar to the Lumia800. Due to Unibody design, the battery is not removable which can justified. The phone is available in Many new colors, yellow, red, white, grey, and black. As we already told you that this phone comes with latest Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system which has many new features compared to Windows Phone Mango. Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications are powered by 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 dual core processor with Adreno 225 GPU. It will supported by 1 GB RAM and 32 GB in built memory and 7 GB free Sky-Drive integration, but if you want further memory expansion than there is no memory card slot considering Windows Phone 8 has support for Memory card slot.
Nokia Lumia 920 Features Pureview technology in the camera, which we have already seen in Nokia Pureview 808’s 41 Megapixel camera. Although you have to satisfied with 8.7 Megapixel camera in Lumia 920 but it takes amazing pictures in low light conditions and is a better camera compare to the competition. It takes 3264 x 2448 pixels image resolution with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash and Geo-tagging. It captures 1080p full HD videos at 30 fps with 4X zoom. The 1.3 Megapixel front facing camera or secondary camera also captures 720p HD videos. Lumia 920 comes preloaded with 3 Lens apps – SmartShot, Cinemagraph and Panorama.
Nokia Lumia Specifications includes Wireless charging based on Qi technology, so it will work with any Qi-compatible charger, Three chargers Nokia showcased are one plastic charger, a soft Fatboy pillow charger and the JBL PowerUp Bluetooth wireless speaker. This phone use micro SIM slot instead of traditional SIM card. Nokia Lumia 920 features also includes Accelerometer sensor, gyro sensor, proximity sensor, compass sensor, NFC support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go support, A-GPS support and GLONASS, Bluetooth v3.1 with A2DP & EDR, 3G & LTE support, HTML5 and 2000mAh non user-replaceable battery. According to Nokia it has 17h of 2G talk time and 10h of 3G talk time.
Nokia Lumia 920 price should be around €600 for SIM-free version, According to rumors the phone will release on November, 2nd 2012.
Nokia Lumia 920 Features and Specifications
- 4.5 inch PureMotion HD+ WXGA (1280×768) IPS LCD, ClearBlack, super sensitive touch for nail & glove use
- PureMotion HD+ display which is the world’s brightest, fastest and most sensitive touchscreen
- Nokia Smart Shoot, able to take multiple photos with a single click helps you to edit effortlessly to make the perfect shot
- Size : 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm, 99 cc
- Weight : 185 g
- 8.7 mega pixel camera
- Short pulse high power LED flash
- PureView camera technology
- Optical Image Stabilization and Carl Zeiss optics captures blur-free pictures & videos even if your hand is shaky, or in low light conditions
- Full HD 1080p @ 30fps Video Capture
- 1.3 Mega pixel front Facing Camera with 720p HD video capture
- Nokia City Lens — Augmented Reality using the phone’s camera viewfinder
- Microsoft Office suite
- Nokia Music, helps you to stream unlimited music for free.
- Live Tiles with real time updation on your Start screen
- Internet Explorer 10
- Nokia Drive, provides free turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation and offline maps
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system
- 1.5 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon S4 Processor
- 1GB RAM, 32 GB mass memory with 7 GB Skydrive storage
- Networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600
- Speed: LTE Cat3 100Mbps/50Mbps HSDPA+ Dual Carrier cat24 (42 Mbps) HSUPA cat 6: 5.8 Mbps
- Only Micro SIM Support
- NFC Support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth 3.1, A-GPS/GLONASS
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass, Ambient Light, Gyroscope
- 3 distortion free high amplitude mics
- Dolby Headphone
- HD Voice
- integrated Qi wireless charging
- 2000 mAh Battery
- Talk time: (GSM/WCDMA) 2G – up to17 hours, 3G – up to 10 hours
- Standby time: (GSM/WCDMA) up to 400 hours
- Music playback: up to 67 hours
Nokia Lumia 920 Video Review
If you like to add your views here then Please share your comments.